200 hour Teacher Training
Dynamic flow, Yin yoga and Myofascial Release Therapy
November 16 – December 13, 2014, Rishikesh, India
“As a warrior you take responsibility for holding the balance between light and dark within you and, by extension, the world around you, and ultimately when you go deep enough, the universe.”
~ Barefoot doctor
Why is this training unique?
This training has been developed by Beta Lisboa combining over twenty years of study, practice and teaching to deliver a unique program which blends traditional hatha yoga, Chinese medicine and martial arts, yin yoga, Myofascial release therapy and Buddhist meditation. You will gain a deep understanding and experience of energetic and physical aspects of both yin and yang qualities for a balanced yoga practice and lifestyle. These yin and yang sequences work to systematically activate and balance energy in the organs and major meridians and chakra system. Based on a foundation of traditional hatha yoga Pradipika, the yang sequence is a combination of continuous dynamic sequences involving explorative circular and spiral movement patterns inspired by chi gong and tai chi. This practice strengthens the muscular and cardio-respiratory system. Yin yoga is a calming, deeply restorative and meditative practice focusing on stressing and healing blockages on connective tissue such as bones, ligaments and fascia. Throughout this month long immersion training you will experience and study the connection between the fascinating Myofascial system and Yin yoga. This will help you develop a deeper understanding of the human body, feel that link for yourself and then put it into practice.
You will receive a 200-hour RYT certificate of completion which can be used toward a 500 hour Yin spiral Yoga certification and/or Yoga Alliance certification.
If you are a 200 RYT, you can complete a 100 hours RYT afterwards to count towards the 500 hours RYT.
Beta Lisboa is supported by a team of experienced, passionate yogi’s who teach from the practice they embody.
- Daily Asanas (Yang sequence & Yin Yoga)
- Daily meditation practice
- Daily Pranayamas
- History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Chinese philosophy (Daoism)
- Sequencing Dynamic flow
- Yin Yoga – how to create an effective practice
- Yoga sequences for organs and meridians health
- Balancing the Yin style with a Yang (Dynamic flow) practice to support structural strength and stability
- Sequencing, assisting and modifying postures for various levels
- Deep understanding of macrobiotic, Ayurvedic and raw diet.
- Understanding of emotional and psychological bodies
- The art of alignment and adjustment
- How to safely assist those with injuries
- The use of touch and hands-on adjustments
- Methodology, class sequencing and planning yoga classes based on Yang and Yin yoga
- Study and practice of Sanskrit names of yoga postures
- 10 hours of Myofascial Release Therapy training
- Subtle body anatomy (chakras, koshas, meridians, doshas, gunas)
- Yoga Nidra
- Mindful yogi meals (Ayurveda, macrobiotic, raw food) and conscious diet lectures
- Chanting and kirtan
- The business and ethics of teaching yoga
- Self-myofascial release work throughout Yin yoga classes
- Restrictions in the fascia that cause common symptoms, understand them and how to release them
- Yin yoga and Myofascial Release connection
- Connection between emotional body (Chakras & meridians) and Myofascial system
- Anatomy and physiology
“I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.”
~ Lao Tzu
Who will benefit from this training?
• Experienced yoga practitioners (minimum 1 year experience) and yoga teachers • Those specifically interested in Buddhist teachings and meditation, holistic understanding of physical and energetic benefits of a balanced yoga practice and lifestyle who are seeking an integral health and wellness program • Those who are intrigued by the emotional psychosomatic release experience and would like to embody into their daily life and teaching.
- Applicants need at least one year of experience practicing yoga
- Must be physically fit and healthy
- Must be a practitioner who wishes to deepen their personal practice and knowledge of yoga
6:30am – 9:30am – Meditation, pranayama & Asana teachings
9:30am – 11am – Breakfast
11am – 1pm – Lectures
1pm – 5pm Lunch break and self practice
5pm – 7pm – Dinner
*Saturdays afternoon & all day Sundays off
*There will be 2 evenings activities per week
More information about guest teachers, venue and tuition to be announced shortly!
“The Master has no possessions. The more he does for others, the happier he is. The more he gives to others, the wealthier he is.”
~ Lao Tzu
RECOMMENDED BOOKS TO READ BEFORE THE COURSE
- Anatomy trains – Thomas W. Myers
- The subtle body – Cindy Dale
- The yoga tradition – Georg Feuerstein
- ” The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga” – Bernie Clark and Sarah Powers
- “Yin Yoga” – Paul Grilley
- “Insight Yoga” – Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley
- “Wheels of Life” – Anodea Judith
All students who successfully complete the course will receive an internationally recognized 200 hour Teacher Training certificate from Beta Lisboa Yoga & Bodywork and can register with the Yoga Alliance for the 200 hour certificate.
“The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen. ”
~ Vanda Scaravelli