200 hour Teacher Training
Dynamic flow, Yin yoga and Myofascial Release Therapy
January 26th to February 23rd, 2014
“As a warrior you take responsibility for holding the balance between light and dark within you and, by extension, the world around you, and ultimately when you go deep enough, the universe.”
~ Barefoot doctor
Why is this training unique?
This training has been developed by Beta Lisboa combining over twenty years of study, practice and teaching to deliver a unique program which blends traditional hatha yoga, Chinese medicine and martial arts, yin yoga, Myofascial release therapy and Buddhist meditation.
You will gain a deep understanding and experience of energetic and physical aspects of both yin and yang qualities for a balanced yoga practice and lifestyle. These yin and yang sequences work to systematically activate and balance energy in the organs and major meridians and chakra system.
Based on a foundation of traditional hatha yoga Pradipika, the yang sequence is a combination of continuous dynamic sequences involving explorative circular and spiral movement patterns inspired by chi gong and tai chi. This practice strengthens the muscular and cardio-respiratory system.
Yin yoga is a calming, deeply restorative and meditative practice focusing on stressing and healing blockages on connective tissue such as bones, ligaments and fascia.
Throughout this month long immersion training you will experience and study the connection between the fascinating Myofascial system and Yin yoga. This will help you develop a deeper understanding of the human body, feel that link for yourself and then put it into practice.
You will receive a 200-hour RYT certificate of completion which can be used toward a 500 hour Yin spiral Yoga certification and/or Yoga Alliance certification.
If you are a 200 RYT, you can complete a 100 hours RYT afterwards to count towards the 500 hours RYT.
Beta Lisboa is supported by a team of experienced, passionate yogi’s who teach from the practice they embody.
- Daily Asanas (Yang sequence & Yin Yoga)
- Daily meditation practice
- Daily Pranayamas
- History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Chinese philosophy (Daoism)
- Sequencing Dynamic flow
- Yin Yoga – how to create a effective practice
- Yoga sequences for organs and meridians health
- Balancing the Yin style with a Yang(Dynamic flow) practice to support structural strength and stability
- Sequencing, assisting and modifying postures for various levels
- Deep understanding of macrobiotic, ayurvedic an raw diet.
- Understanding of emotional and psychological bodies
- The art of alignment and adjustment
- How to safely assist those with injuries
- The use of touch and hands-on adjustments
- Methodology, class sequencing and planning yoga classes based on Yang and Yin yoga
- Study and practice of Sanskrit names of yoga postures.
- 10 hours of Myofascial Release Therapy training
- Subtle body anatomy (chakras, koshas, meridians, doshas, gunas)
- Yoga Nidra
- Mindful yogi meals (ayurveda, macrobiotic, raw food) and conscious diet lectures
- Chanting and kirtan
- The business and ethics of teaching yoga
- Self-myofascial release work throughout Yin yoga classes.
- Restrictions in the fascia that cause common symptoms, understand them and how to release them.
- Yin yoga and Myofascial Release connection
- Connection between emotional body (Chakras & meridians) and Myofascial system
- Anatomy and physiology
“I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.”
~ Lao Tzu
Who will benefit from this training?
• Experienced yoga practitioner’s (minimum 1 year experience) and yoga teacher’s
• Those specifically interested in Buddhist teachings and meditation, holistic understanding of physical and energetic benefits of a balanced yoga practice and lifestyle who are seeking an integral health and wellness program
• Those who are intrigued by the emotional psychosomatic release experience and would like to embody into their daily life and teaching.
- Applicants need at least one year of experience practicing yoga
- Must be physically fit and healthy
- Must be a practitioner who wishes to deepen their personal practice and knowledge of yoga
Our guest teachers
Liana was born in Russia, where she studied Western Medicine (SD) and practiced oral, facial and reconstructive surgery. She also successfully completed the following studies in Belgium and China: Master in Traditional Chinese Acupuncture by adults and children; Master in Tuina by adults, babies and children ( Chinese manual Therapy and Massage); Master in Chinese Herbal Medicine and Nutrition Therapy; Trigger Point Therapy; Macro-biotic Nutritional Therapy; Chef Training in Natural Cooking with Simone Parris. Macrobiotic and Vegan training; Cooking according 5 elements; Yoga Therapy. Liana is licensed and certified in Belgium. With more than 27 years of experience in the field of human health, her knowledge and skills come through an integration of het studies and the practice of Western Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Yoga and Yoga therapy in Russia and Belgium.
Read more about Liana: http://radiantenergyflow.com/liana-nenacheva/
James Newman is a yoga therapist and bodyworker focused on injury recovery. He is certified to teach in the Anusara, Kripalu and Vinyasa Krama styles. Since 2005, he has studied extensively (over 350hrs) with Srivatsa Ramaswami – Krishnamacharya’s personal student for 30 years. He is also a graduate of the asana sequencing/adaptation program at KYM – the Krishnamacharya family yoga school. James combines his knowledge of yoga with his work as a Level 5 CranioSacral therapist to create a balanced and practical approach to anatomy.
Read more about James: http://jamesnewmanwellness.com/about-james-newman/
You will be staying at Dragonfly Village in Ubud, Bali.
- Salt Water Pool
12m length pool – salt water system.
- Steam Herbal Sauna using Thai Herbs
Herbal steam sauna using Thai herbs is available. Please take care to rinse well before jumping into the pool.
- Dragonfly Café
Healthy organic and vegan treats. Wifi available.
- Dragonfly Boutique
THE COURSE TUITION OF $ 4,800 INCLUDES
- The Yang aspect of Hatha yoga, a practice to strengthen and open the meridians, focus, challenge and bring precision to your personal practice and teaching.
- It’s counterpart, Yin Yoga. Yin classes include the application of Myofascial Release Therapy as an effective, additional healing methodology for teachers.
- Appling the art of adjustment with full awareness of the breath, energy lines and the five senses.
- Learn the Tree of Yoga for clear understanding of the different yoga schools.
- Develop your understanding of the principles of conscious, healthy eating.
- Training manual
- Daily healthy breakfast, lunch & dinner (vegetarian, vegan and raw options)
- 28 nights of accommodation at Dragonfly Village
Transfer to Indonesian bank account or Paypal, Please contact us to request account information!
- Early Bird price: USD$4,350, which is a discount of USD$450 if paid BEFORE October 25th 2013.
- If for any reason you choose to cancel before 26th November 2013, we will refund you 75%
- If for any reason you choose to cancel after 27th November 2013, we will refund you 50%
- No refunds for cancellations after December 31st, 2013
“The Master has no possessions. The more he does for others, the happier he is. The more he gives to others, the wealthier he is.”
~ Lao Tzu
THE COURSE TUITION DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• All transfer fees from banks or PayPal (Please note that there may be an initial transfer fee of about $15-$45 from banks AND sometimes theres an intermediary bank that charges for the transfer. Please make sure that you are responsible for BOTH the local and international transfers and the net amount of the tuition fee, $4,800 is received on our end. PayPal will also charge for the transfer, which may not be immediately obvious. Should we not receive the full amount on our end, you are to top up the balance in cash on the day of the training).
• Flights and transportation
RECOMMENDED BOOKS TO READ BEFORE THE COURSE
- Anatomy trains – Thomas W. Myers
- The subtle body – Cindy Dale
- The yoga tradition – Georg Feuerstein
- ” The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga” – Bernie Clark and Sarah Powers
- “Yin Yoga” – Paul Grilley
- “Insight Yoga” – Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley
- “Wheels of Life” – Anodea Judith
All students who successfully complete the course will receive an internationally recognised 200 hour Teacher Training certificate from Beta Lisboa Yoga & Bodywork and can register with the Yoga Alliance for the 200 hour certificate.
“The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen. ”
~ Vanda Scaravelli