The Art of Myofascial Release & Yin Yoga Training
March 17th to 21st – Ubud – Bali
In this 32 hour certified training you will learn the foundation of this advanced bodywork system. You will learn how to work more effectively creating fundamental long lasting changes for the physical and emotional body. You will get better results and feel more confident when working with chronic pain. You will learn how to work with the tissue layers creating a deep change in the muscular and fascial systems. It will help you to understand the importance of working slowly and mindfully to transform your bodywork.
Yin yoga is a practice of long-held, deeply relaxing “stretching” poses that open unblocking the Nadis and the “meridians,” or energy pathways of the body, restoring youthful joint mobility as activate and gather Prana, the life force.
What is Myofascial Release?
Myofascial Release is a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion. Each Myofascial Release treatment is performed directly on skin without oils, creams or machinery. This enables the therapist to accurately detect fascial restrictions and apply the appropriate amount of sustained pressure to facilitate release of the fascia.
Fascia is the soft tissue component of the connective tissue that provides support and protection for most structures within the human body, including muscle. This soft tissue can become restricted due to overuse, trauma, infectious agents, or inactivity, often resulting in pain, muscle tension, and corresponding diminished blood flow. Although fascia and its corresponding muscle are the main targets of Myofascial Release, other tissue may be addressed as well.
Who would benefit from this course:
- For existing Body workers who aim to enrich their work by Integrating Myofascial Release into their session
- For yoga teachers who want to understand the Fascial system ( the body`s connective tissue) and apply it in their Yin yoga classes.
- For anyone who wishes to know more about the body or who wish to help others with body pains.
What you will learn:
- Anatomy and function of the Fascia
- The effect of Myofascial Release in the physical and emotional body
- Proper biomechanics to enhance the work for specific muscle chain
- How to apply pressure with the fingers, knuckles, fists, forearms and elbows correctly
- Sacrum release
- General myofascial release
- Restrictions in the fascia that cause common symptoms, understand them and how to release them.
- Yin yoga and Myofascial Release connection
- Common conditions of the myofascial and musculoskeletal system
- Advanced techniques to effectively release upper body strains, mainly for shoulders, neck and chest
- Advanced techniques to effectively release lower back, hips and pelvis. (lateral rotator, leg adductor and abductor and deep hip flexors)
- Diaphragmatic and visceral release
- Work in the pelvic area to bring it back into the balanced alignment
- How to access and treat Tempo-mandibular joint dysfunction (A major cause of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
- Release whiplash pain
- Emotional and physical causes of chronic jaw and neck pain
Certification in Myofascial Release Therapist: $600 USD.
- Breakfast and lunch will be offered for extra charge (you will get 15% discount if you eat at Taksu restaurant)
Read about Beta: www.betalisboa.com/about