YOGA KIDS TEACHER TRAINING CERTIFICATION
This Yoga Alliance registered training will help yoga teachers, educators and practicing yogini parents to skilfully teach children of all ages. Based on Howard Gardners Multiple Intelligences theory and Maria Montessoris Learning by Doing approach, you will experience the multiple ways that children can learn in a fun and playful way through the use of props, storytelling, music, art and age-appropriate themes.
How to apply mindfulness in your yoga lessons
Learn to teach with confidence and creativity while cultivating the patience and acceptance needed to support a fair and non-competitive environment. The methods taught will empower you to give the gift of yoga to the next generation of amazing light beings.
This program will appeal to parents, teachers or anyone working and interacting with children, or those with a general interest in learning about the diverse ways to bring yoga and consciousness into childrens lives.
- Develop teachers play skills: meeting your own inner child and bringing him/her to life
- Understand playfulness and creativity
- Mindfulness For kids and teens
- Using yoga to enhance your current educational program
- Identify and encourage the Multiple Intelligences and support children’s learning through movement and art
- Yoga philosophy and the eight limbs of Patanjali as applied to children
- Deepen your understanding of children’s chakra developmental stages
- Methodology: self knowledge, self expression and embodiment of understanding playfulness
- Partner and Acro yoga for kids and parents, Mandala meditations, teaching yoga through storytelling
- The business of applying yoga to education, yoga studios, and community classes
- Experience teaching the children at the Green School!
100 hours taken over a course of 10 days (not including arrival and departure day).
Certification: On completion of this training you will receive a 100 Hour Yoga Alliance certification.
- 6 months experiencing yoga or
- A patient and compassionate nature, and the desire and passion to enrich the lives of children through yoga practice and play
- Parents, school teachers and counselors with one of the requirements above are welcome
To enquire about this program, don’t hesitate to contact me.
To check upcoming dates, prices, program structure and to register for this training, see my calendar.
For information on hosting this training at your facility, find out about hosting Beta.
*During this training you will have the opportunity to teach the children at the Green School.